17 January 2019, 19:09
  • Turkish
    Özgür Gündem: ISIS attack planned in Amman
    Added time: 29 December 2013, Sunday 15:02
    12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto


    Yesterday it was the 2 year anniversary of what has become known as the Roboski massacre. It was the night of 28`th December 2011, Turkish Armed Forces warplanes, bombed an area on the border with South Kurdistan.

    Yesterday it was the 2 year anniversary of what has become known as the Roboski massacre.

    It was the night of 28`th December 2011, Turkish Armed Forces warplanes, bombed an area on the border with South Kurdistan.

    At the result of this 34 mostly young men killed on their way back from the Iraqi border, that  they had crossed for "Trade Border" from the villages of Gülyazı which known in Kurdish (Bejuh) and  Roboskî, in Şırnak's Qileban.

    Most of the victims of 34 were mebmer of same families.

    They went as usual within the knowledge and sight of local military units which had already emptied all military sites in the region and smoothed the way for border traders one month before the massacre took place.

    The villages of Roboskî and Bejuh were formed in 1990's, when scores of people who were driven away from their evacuated villages, settled here near their relatives after their own lands and villages were evacuated by security forces of the Turkish Republic State.

    The Turkish state laid mines across the lands around our villages, which claimed the life of five people and left more than 20 others cripple so far. It would be hard to estimate the number of animals killed in mine explosions.

    What is called "trade border", "caravan", "boundary" and what the state and its supporters call "smuggling" is the only opportunity for the people there to earn their living.

    As a matter of fact, there is no physical border in question, at the borderline there is only a stone with number 15 carved on it.

    People in Roboski went through a sorrowful night after seeing the bodies of their beloved brothers and sons blown to pieces.

    The villagers who rushed to the scene after the bombardment tell that 13 people were still alive and the bodies of others were still burning when they reached there. These people who on the way encountered soldiers returning from the region on order had to carry the wounded survivors with their own efforts as no officials went to the scene despite the fact that they had informed all authorities soon after the incident.

    Soldiers in the nearby military posts denied health care teams from Şırnak permission to go to the scene as the bodies of victims and the injured were being taken away from there. We gathered the parts of their bodies and tried to take them to our village in the saddles of donkeys that survived the bombardment.

    17 out of 34 victims were children aged under 18. Anyone who visits the village once can apparently see what sort of a trauma it has caused. The people in the village have been suffering from psychological depression since that day, two years ago.


    Dicle News Agency was the first news agency who reported the incident.

    It was 1.52 am when the news was published.

    Kurdish Chanel Roj Tv all night through followed this incident with live programs.

    BDP deputies went to scence of the palace, Co Chaires of the BDP made press statments.

    This indisputably newsworthy tragic event was however not reported by the Turkish media for more than 12 hours, while some of the very few who wanted to report it were hindered by their directors.

    After the massacre was heard, thousands of people took street and protested this incident.

    The AKP Goverment officials after 19 hours give the frist press statment.

    As state authorities started to make official statements on the massacre,after 19 hours.

    The media resorted to euphemism and reported it under the title "opperation incident near Iraqi border".

    The debates in the following days didn't go beyond asking "whether the victims were smugglers or terrorists" and "whether the incident was an accident, a negligence or a trap".

    villagers of Roboski said, the Turkish authorities who didn't allow ambulances and helicopters to go to the scene on the night of the massacre sent a team to the scene one day later and made it gather all remains in the area and set them on fire, obfuscated the evidences in other words.

    The Prosecutor who described the massacre as a mistake and promised not to arrest anyone had a team investigate the crime scene with a helicopter from the air and wrote on the reports that "they saw nothing" at the scene.

    The process progressed so imprecisely that even the names and numbers of victims were wrongly recorded on autopsy reports and therefore on the reports of Human Rights Organizations that grounded their information on these reports.

    Following a series of reporting works in the village soon after the incident, establishments such as MAZLUMDER, Human Rights Association (IHD), Diyarbakır Bar Association, Confederation of Public Workers' Union (KESK) and Justice Platform for Brotherhood (KİAP) agreed that the incident was indeed a "massacre".

    That night, has Ferhat Encu, brother of one of the victims, puts it:

     "The state became a bomb and rained on us from the air, making our children and relatives  totally shocked about what was going on. The state which spilt out death and left us alone with our dead relatives furthermore uttered threats after the massacre and tried to prevent us from burying the victims side by side".

    Reviews: 673
    Yazdır Paylaş
    TAGS :
    Other News

    Do you like our page layout?
    Not Bad