Added time: 12 May 2014, Monday 11:19
Report of resolution process monitoring commission
According to the Human Rights Association (IHD) report, Turkish authoority last year decided to constract 341 new military posts and bases..
11 security dams are planned near the border and 820 kilometres of 'security roads' have been built along the border.
Additionally, 2,000 new village guards have been recruited
'Withdrawal and Resolution Process Monitoring Commission' published a report on one year of ceasefire, monitoring both the guerilla withdrawal and military activity.
The report read out by IHD Deputy President Lawyer Serdar Çelebi in Lice in front of a military post AKP insisted to build despite the protests from people.
Çelebi started his by recalling that the guerrillas had largely withdrawn by September 2013, but that the withdrawal had been halted on account of the attitude of the government, which was far from meeting expectations.
Çelebi said construction of the military post and base which led to the death of Medeni Yıldırım was continuing and that similar tension and clashes were continuing in Amed, Hakkari, Şırnak and Dersim.
Çelebi then provided data regarding their observations of implementations taking place in various regions. According to the information provided by Çelebi, in the last year since the beginning of withdrawal, contracts had been awarded for the construction of 341 new military posts in Kurdistan. 102 of these have been completed. In 143 work is continuing, while 36 are at the tender stage.
The construction of 11 so-called security dams is continuing on the Şırnak-South Kurdistan border. In Dersim there are 4 security dams being built in the Munzur valley, a dam is being built on the Tagar stream in Çemişgezek district and also one at Aliboğazı. Dam building is also continuing on the Botan river in Siirt.
According to research carried out by the IHD and official data 820 kms of 'security roads' have been built, mainly along the border of South Kurdistan.
Çelebi said village guards were continuing to be recruited in Şırnak, Van, Bitlis, Siirt, Bingöl and Muş, and that they had established that the figure of new recruits has reached 2,000 and added that, "There are serious problems in the process of resolution launced by Mr Öcalan a year ago and committed to by the government.